Mental Health Awareness Month
Join the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as we recognize Mental Health Awareness Month! Each May, we aim to increase awareness about the vital role mental health plays in our overall health and well-being. We invite you to share resources, encourage others to seek help, or simply be there for someone when they need you – together, we can instill hope and make a difference.
Access the Mental Health Awareness Month Toolkit and available resources:
- Key Messages and Weekly Themes to cover the basics of Mental Health Awareness Month and to provide a foundation to develop messages that resonate with your specific audiences.
- Social Media Sharables including social media posts, static graphics, stories, and animations, to be customized or shared across platforms.
- Hashtag Recommendations to promote Mental Health Awareness Month activities on social media platforms.
- Stickers to promote Mental Health Awareness Month on Instagram and Facebook Stories.
- Resources for Content Development to provide best practices and inclusive language that resonate with your intended audiences.
- Tips for Engaging in Respectful Conversations Around Mental Health to help a loved one access services for mental health or substance use. This guide helps start conversations respectfully and assists individuals in need of helpful resources.
Please share our materials with your audiences and across your media channels:
- Copy, download, and share our social messages, graphics, and promotional materials in ways that fit the needs of your audiences and channels.
- Socialize all our hashtags, including #MHAM2023, when sharing any Mental Health Awareness Month–related content.
- Use our tools in tandem with the actions recommended in Best Practices with your communities and networks.
Check out what SAMHSA is doing, share our materials, and stay tuned for more! Remember that we all play active roles in caring for our mental health #MHAM2023.