Peyote and Mescaline
What is it?
Small spineless cactus with active ingredient mescaline, a hallucinogen. Has disc-shaped “buttons” that are cut off and used.
Buttons, Cactus, Mesc, Peyoto
How is it used?
• Fresh or dried buttons are chewed
• Buttons soaked in water to produce intoxicating liquid
• Ground into powder for capsules and swallowed
• Smoked with marijuana and tobacco
How does it affect the body?
- Altered perceptions of space and time
- Nausea and vomiting, increased heart rate
- Rise in body temperature
- Impaired motor coordination
- Euphoria, anxiety