Prescribed as Xyrem, it is also known as the “date rape drug." It comes in a liquid or as a white powder that is dissolved in water, juice, or alcohol. In liquid form, GHB is clear and colorless and slightly salty in taste.
G, Georgia Home Boy, Goop, Grievous Bodily Harm, Liquid X, Scoop, Liquid Ecstasy
• Usually a liquid, mixed in a beverage
• White powder normally dissolved in a liquid
- Euphoria, drowsiness, decreased anxiety, excited and aggressive behavior
- Overdose symptoms: unconsciousness, seizures, slowed heart rate, greatly slowed breathing, lower body temperature, vomiting, nausea, coma, death
- Addictive. Withdrawal symptoms: insomnia, anxiety, tremors, increased heart rate and blood pressure, psychotic thoughts.